Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Meet the Teacher Night!!




Jacob and Kylie were able to go to school to meet there new teachers on Monday night. Kylie is going to be in Kindergarten this year. She is going for a full day! Lunch at school and everything. She is so excited to be at the same school as Jacob. Her teacher's name is Mrs. Morales. She seems very nice and Kylie just loved her. Kylie can't wait for school to start. She asks everyday how many minutes until school starts. I think she is going to do great. I am going to try really hard not to cry! My baby is starting school. It will be weird with all of my kids at school this year.
Jacob will be in 4th grade this year. He is a little nervous but excited too. I was asking him if he was excited for school to start. He told me that he was excited to see his friends but going to school meant that he had to actually learn. I tried to explain that that is kind of the reason we go to school. He is happy that he gets to be the big brother on campus this year since Jacie is at Jr. High. He is taking this new found responsibility very seriously. He can't wait to show Kylie where to go and what to do. His teacher's name is Mrs. Croxell. She is very nice as well. I hear that she runs a tight ship. I think that is just what my Jacob needs. He will do great this year.
Jacie had her 7th grade orientation today. She wouldn't let me go with her so there isn't a picture of her and any of her teachers. I think she would have absolutely died if I went and followed her around to all of her classes with my camera. She is at that stage where she is way to cool to be seen with her mother. I love to kiss and hug her (or dance) when she is with her friends.... just because I can. She usually just rolls her eyes and walks away. She will only hug and kiss me back when she knows that no one is watching. She is a teenager waiting to happen. Gotta love her!!
This summer went way too fast. I can't believe that school is starting already. Good luck to all of those school kids out there. And Congrats to all the moms and dads who bust their buns to get everything ready.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Your kids are so awesome! We love you guys! I loved seeing Jacob and Kylie before and after school today. You can tell that Jacob feels so cool to be the big brother on campus! Too fun!

Loree said...

hey look what i stumbled upon! I didn;t know you have a blog?!! I am gonna add you as my friend ok! SWEET! it will be fun to follow the eagar fam! :)

The Bevans said...

I found you through Jessica's blog. Your kids are soo big! I know you don't need to hear that, but I don't recognize any of them. Kylie wan't even born when I moved to Utah. Crazy! Fun to see though!
Sarah (Tutt)